Cardiff City have submitted their evidence to FIFA in their dispute with Nantes over the £15m transfer fee for Emiliano Sala.
Cardiff have so far refused to make an interim payment towards the fee for the Argentine striker who died in a plane crash in JANUARY, with the Premier League club claiming the deal was not legally binding.
Nantes referred the dispute to FIFA, who granted an extension to Monday for the clubs to submit their evidence.
Now Cardiff have confirmed they have met the deadline.
A club statement said: “Cardiff City FC has today submitted its answer in response to the claim filed by FC Nantes on 26 February 2019.”
Recently, Cardiff offered Nantes direct talks in an effort to settle the dispute, after FIFA president Gianni Infantino said he hoped the clubs could reach an agreement.
But now the matter seems likely to be adjudicated by FIFA, as both clubs have not come to an agreement.
Cardiff claim Nantes’ conditions for completion of the deal were not fulfilled and Sala was not registered as a Premier League player, while the French club claim the required paperwork was completed and they were fully compliant with FIFA regulations.
The Chief Imam of Ebiraland, Alhaji Musa Galadima, has died in the early hours of Friday a…