Home Sports OFFICIAL: Neymar Rape Saga Over As Prosecutors Drop Case
Sports - 2 weeks ago

OFFICIAL: Neymar Rape Saga Over As Prosecutors Drop Case

Emeka Nnaike

Sao Paulo state prosecutors Flávia Merlini and Estefânia Paulin have on Thursday night announced that they are dropping a rape case against soccer star Neymar, finally agreeing with a July 30 decision by police not to press charges in the case on the basis of lack of evidence.

Judge Ana Paula Vieira de Moraes issued an official order closing the case Thursday night.

“We decided in favor of the closing of the case because there is no sufficient evidence,” Merlini said at a news conference.

Prosecutor Paulin said the model did not produce any of the evidence she claimed she had, including a video that allegedly proved the player attacked her.

“The police investigator asked her to plug her phone to a computer so she could see the video, but she (Trindade) didn’t want to do that. She also refused to hand over her phone, and later she said it had been stolen,” Paulin said.

The prosecutor further said Trindade’s only injury was to a finger.

“The medical report of a private doctor introduced by the victim did not show an injury that proved she was raped,” Paulin said.

“The slaps and the redness (on Trindade’s skin) happened for the satisfaction of both parties.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Bayelsa, Kogi Election: INEC Commences Distribution Of PVC September 2

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Tuesday said it will commence the …