The Consul General of Nigeria in Johannesburg, Godwin Adama, has said that the first batch of the Nigerian returnees from South Africa would depart South Africa for Lagos on Wednesday.
According to Mr. Adama, the first set are expected to depart South Africa by 9:00 a.m Wednesday.
“The first flight leaves by 09:00 hours this Wednesday with about 320 passengers and the second batch will leave on Thursday all things being equal.
“We have over 600 who had indicated interest. All things being equal, without any hitches, the plane will take off by 09:00 hours this Wednesday.
“The manifest for the first flight is ready, and we are working on the next flight,” he said.
President Muhammadu Buhari had on Monday called for the immediate evacuation of Nigerians willing to return home from South Africa following the latest attacks on Nigerians and other African nationals.
Recall that the chairman of Air Peace, Mr. Allen Onyema, had last week volunteered to send aircraft to evacuate Nigerians who wished to return home, for free following the latest xenophobic attacks in South Africa.
Nigerian serial entrepreneurs, Glory Osei and Muyiwa Folorunsho trended all over social me…